sim_indian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
    |  

Next

Holi with Shah Rukh, Rani and Preity

Like a king with his subjects.' This was the line flashing through my mind when Shah Rukh Khan made his flamboyant entry and bowed low before the audience. Far fetched? Not really. Not when it is associated with King Khan, the Badshah of Bollywood. This one heady moment is worth the long wait in innumerable queues that being part of the audience of Kaun Banega Crorepati entails. When my cousin working with a media agency called saying he had audience passes to the show, and asked if I was interested, I jumped at the chance. I am a die-hard romantic and no one romances the heroines better than Shah Rukh Khan. Reason enough for me -- and a few million others, of course -- to simply adore the man. In the picture: Shah Rukh Khan is flanked by Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji, who participate in KBC's special Holi episode.

Text: Radhika Oltikar

|  

Back | Next

The shoot took place on February 13 and we queued up at the venue in Mumbai's Film City at 10 am. Our passes were carefully inspected, names tallied and then the long wait started. Those who carried mobile phones, handbags, sunglasses et al were requested to line up to deposit the items in safety lockers. We could not even keep pens and paper with us, dashing my hopes of the prized autograph. After around two hours of waiting, a crew member instructed us that we were to start entering the studio in the sequence in which he called out pass numbers. Once inside, I was surprised to see how small the set was -- it looks pretty big on television. The lucky ones were those who were assigned the first row. On this day, the front row rather appropriately comprised a set of giddy headed college girls, soon to make the most of their good fortune.

In the picture: Preity and Rani look nervous as they try to answer a question. They will donate the prize money to the Himachal Pradesh Red Cross and Holy Family Hospital respectively.

|  

Back | Next

Another hour passed, during which we were instructed about the code of conduct expected of the audience. We were to look enthusiastic, maintain decorum and laugh and clap at the right places. In case some of us missed the joke, the 'laughter' sign above our heads would be flashed! Then, since this was the Holi special episode, we were put through a rehearsal of sorts. We were to enthusiastically respond 'Holi hai' and 'Wah wah' and 'Haan jee' to Shah Rukh's questions as part of his little act. At this point, many among the audience were getting restless, and the refrain 'But where is Shah Rukh?' was audible. Then, after what seemed forever, came the big moment. A lady informed us that Shah Rukh was on the set and then, with a 'Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Shah Rukh Khan,' he was upon us!

In the picture: Rani looks for some divine intervention while Preity concentrates on the question.

|  

Back | Next

The audience went wild as he flamboyantly went to each side, bowing low and aadaabing in that inimitable manner. 'Shah Rukh, we love you!' screamed the girls. Much has been said about Shah Rukh Khan's charisma and energy. But when you see him interacting with his fans, you realise that there is also a lot of humility in him. His manner is of one who acknowledges that he owes his iconic status to the love of the common man. Even the pesky, overbearing and almost rude were handled with deference by the star.

In the picture: Rani gives SRK a high five.

|  

Back | Next

The Holi special episode saw two celebrity guests on the show: Rani Mukerji and Preity Zinta. They were introduced by Shah Rukh as 'The two most beautiful women in the world,' and indeed both looked beautiful. Priety was glamour personified, even in a simple salwar kurta. As for Rani, the camera does not do justice to her -- it adds pounds to her super slim frame. Both were friendly, talking and laughing easily with the audience. The shoot didn't take too long. A few retakes, a lot of friendly bantering between the ladies and Shah Rukh, and it was a wrap. Shah Rukh made it all look so easy. There weren't any awkward moments.

In the picture: Living upto the spirit of the Holi special show, Preity applies rang to SRK, while the actor introduces colourful lifelines -- 50:50 ki pichkari hai, Audience Poll ki gulaal hai, Phone A Friend ka rang hai and Flip ki gujjia hai.

|  

Back | More

SRK was energetic, his manner spontaneous even in the retakes. His impromptu wit always funny, never offensive. And of course, the famed charisma. You realise it is not one of his traits in isolation that is the secret of his phenomenal success. It is the unique sum of all. After the shoot, Shah Rukh went over to each segment of the audience and hugged and shook hands with them. Pictures were clicked, and then, as suddenly as he had come, he was gone. Rani and Preity went with him, leaving us -- the audience -- with a memory we would cherish for a long time to come. KBC's special Holi episode will be aired on Thursday, March 1 at 9.00 pm on Star Plus.

In the picture: Preity, Rani and SRK shake a leg on Kal Ho Naa Ho's Mahi ve.

article:http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2007/feb/27slide6. htm

hope u enjoy it!!!πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mini2390 thumbnail
thanks a lot!
i really want to see this episode... 😳 cant wait to see all three of them together!.... they all luk so nice, and that was very sweet of srk wen he said: 'The two most beautiful women in the world,' regarding rani and preity!

kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this episode is gonna be awesme cant wait to see the dance to mahi ve
*Dipti* thumbnail
i think it has been posted already lol everyone has been posting this same article whats wrong with everyone hehe joking anyways thanx for sharing :hug:
nightangel thumbnail
wooooooooo...dht's so cute.. πŸ˜› 😊