WardaBaloch's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Lake Saif-ul-Mulook Pakistan – Its depth is unknown

One of the highest lake in Pakistan located at the northern end of Kaghan Valley (one of my favorite valley) surrounded by giant glaciers which also includes Malika Parbat. This lake is at an altitude of 3,224 meters and 10,578 feet above sea level. Talking about its structure it’s like a bowl in which multiple glacial waters accumulate. Millions of local and international tourists visit this place. Saif-ul-Malook Lake is one of the most famous tourist spot in the country.

Screenshot_20210105-214023.jpg

Details:

It is easily accessible in summers with a bumpy jeep ride but access in winter is limited because of land sliding and heavy snowfall. After the jeep ride, there are a few minute’s walks to get closer to lake Saif-ul-Malook. This lake is completely frozen in winter. Best time to visit this place is from June to September weather is in favorable condition but don’t forget your jackets in summers while visiting this greenish-blue crystal clear and freezing water lake. Few people took their own vehicles from Naran till the lake, but it is highly recommended to use the jeeps that available and are used for this purpose. This will help the locals in terms of money. The route is on their fingertips they know how to drive you there safely. 

IMG_20210127_204722.jpg

IMG_20210127_204657.jpg

Activities:

You can enjoy horse riding and you can also hire them if you are not in a mood of walk. Boating facility is also available but be very careful, because the lake is very deep no one knows it’s accurate depth till now. For full moon lovers this lake is a treat camping at the time of the full moon is like sitting in a fairyland. It is highly recommended for those who want to see the moon shining at it brightest amongst billion of the stars in the sky.

IMG_20210127_204640.jpg

IMG_20210127_204522.jpg

Food:

This lake has a lot of tuck shops and restaurants with a beautiful view of Saif-ul-Malook lake. So you can easily get your favorite food like local cuisine or you can also enjoy pakora, Fries and stuff with tea, coffee etc if you are not in a mood of heavy meal.

IMG_20210127_204748.jpg

Fairytale:

A fairy tale is also associated with this lake. According to the story Egyptian prince Saif one night dreamt of a fairy named Badri-ul-Jamalaat and a lake. He woke up and told the story to his father and asked how he can find her. His father said you can’t as he is human and she is fairy.  Disregarding his father’s words, he left the place in search of that fairy and he ended up in Naran where he met a saint and asked how he can meet the fairy. Saint said to him that there was a mountain hill and behind it is a stone. Go to that place and pray to Allah Almighty for 40 days. He did that and on 40th day it was full moon night he saw a fairy coming with here mates to take a bath.

IMG_20210127_204556.jpg

Fairy was extremely beautiful after taking to her he came to know he was trapped by a Deyo (Giant). After listening to the story Prince took her and tried to escape from that place. Soon the deyo came to know and in anger he created hurdles on their path they took shelter in the cave in the lake. It is also said that a place called Ansu lake (few miles away from Saif-ul-Malook) was created by the tears of that giant when he found out that fairy was gone as he was also in love with her. dishearten giant moved to another place called Deosai (the land of Giants) which is also in Pakistan. Many people still believe that during full moon fairies do come down to the lake. According to the classic tale, the prince and the fairy still live, to this day, in that cave and dance above the water surface on the 14th night of every lunar month. I don’t know it’s true story or not but I found it beautiful.

SaifulMalook.jpg

GMap Link: https://goo.gl/maps/73LwkeGEJKWpA5M37 

traveldabloo
Naran, Pakistan
3 comments
Level 7

Saif-ul-Malook Lake Pakistan – Its depth is unknown

So if you are planning or anyone in your friend list is then please do a favor keep that place clean. Encourage them not to litter. 

traveldabloo
Connect Moderator

Re: Lake Saif-ul-Mulook Pakistan – Its depth is unknown

Thank you so much @WardaBaloch for sharing with us the beauty of Saif-ul-Maluk Lake , even if I see you took a lot of suggestions directly from the web.

What I would love to read in this post is your own experience. How do you feel in a so amazing place? Did you went there with your own vehicle or did you rented a Jeep, as suggested in your post? This is what we want to know.

The photo are great too.

I also want to inform you that I just released your first post from spam quarantine, that is now merged here. Our filter is working to protect the community and you from unwanted content, but sometimes it can be triggered by something and remove a legitimate post.

Moderators are patrolling the quarantine to release the good post so, if your post has been rejected, don't post it again. Simply tag a moderator (check here and here). For more information you can read: Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

As an additional information, you can use your photos more than once, just clicking on Saved Photos to use the photos in more than one post

ermest_0-1611766627795.png

Level 7

Re: Lake Saif-ul-Mulook Pakistan – Its depth is unknown

@ErmesT Hi!! Thank you.

Actually i posted this review second time my first post was not visible on my profile but images were. So i again posted that. Then you merged both of them and i can see my first one in the comment section then i edited my first post.

So now you have asked me about my experience. Yes i visited this place back in June 2019. I tried to explain it using my own experience but what i see is that the tale associated with this lake that is causing trouble. Because its the same everywhere on the internet because that how local describe that story and everyone narrates it as it is. I hope I cleared the point. 

traveldabloo