NY Cue Club

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I came across this club on Fedor's youtube channel. The club hosted him for a day. It's a private, membership fee supported, 24/7 keycard access club. Super modern. 11 brand new for 2023 Gabriels Griffon tables. $295 per month, which is probably very reasonable for NYC. I don't live nearby, so probably won't have a chance to visit. It sure looks like a nice option for those living in NYC.

Table:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I came across this club on Fedor's youtube channel. The club hosted him for a day. It's a private, membership fee supported, 24/7 keycard access club. Super modern. 11 brand new for 2023 Gabriels Griffon tables. $295 per month, which is probably very reasonable for NYC. I don't live nearby, so probably won't have a chance to visit. It sure looks like a nice option for those living in NYC.

Table:
Ernesto spent nearly 2 weeks there setting up these tables in mid/late November before he came to our room in NC to work on our tables.

Gabriel’s is a 3-C table company and he ran in to some issues setting up these tables, just as we did with our Gabriel’s tables 20+ years ago.

Our customers (as well as myself) love our tables, but if we could do it over again, we would have gone with Diamond tables.

No question, $10/day for an unlimited play membership on this quality equipment in Manhattan, is quite a bargain. According to their website (nycueclub.com) not surprisingly there is already a waiting list.

I’m curious how many members they will limit it to, and if there will be any table time limits (daily or weekly) for those that may overuse their privileges, resulting in members having trouble getting a table? There will always be some that do, along with other various issues that come up they’ll have to deal with.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
If I didnt own 9ft I would be homeless, in the poolroom like college days.

Does Fedors club offer high speed internet and access to electricity? If it has I will pay to sign up, using the internet in the wild is fun.

If I just wanted a room and table that is everywhere. Plus Fedor is captain streamer, why wouldnt he offer internet access?

Just give out the wifi password.

I like to film and use equipment when I practice now. Today everyone is a streamer so I figure why not?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I didnt own 9ft I would be homeless, in the poolroom like college days.

Does Fedors club offer high speed internet and access to electricity? If it has I will pay to sign up, using the internet in the wild is fun.

If I just wanted a room and table that is everywhere. Plus Fedor is captain streamer, why wouldnt he offer internet access?

Just give out the wifi password.

I like to film and use equipment when I practice now. Today everyone is a streamer so I figure why not?
See next sentence in my post in for how much anyone cares.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ernesto spent nearly 2 weeks there setting up these tables in mid/late November before he came to our room in NC to work on our tables.

Gabriel’s is a 3-C table company and he ran in to some issues setting up these tables, just as we did with our Gabriel’s tables 20+ years ago.

Our customers (as well as myself) love our tables, but if we could do it over again, we would have gone with Diamond tables.

No question, $10/day for an unlimited play membership on this quality equipment in Manhattan, is quite a bargain. According to their website (nycueclub.com) there is already a waiting list.
Never played on a Gabriels pocket billiard table but I have played on Gabriels carom tables.
They are solid and play very heavy and smooth.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I imagine the support assembly is rated for 5 tons. I'd still worry about something giving. And how do you level one of those?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never played on a Gabriels pocket billiard table but I have played on Gabriels carom tables.
They are solid and play very heavy and smooth.
Yes, I can confirm that on their pocket tables - all steel framed, steel backed Klematch cushions and thick slate. It’s just the various issues and challenges getting them set up properly, compared to a Diamond, even for the best table mechanic in the business.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I can confirm that on their pocket tables - all steel framed, steel backed Klematch cushions and thick slate. It’s just the various issues and challenges getting them set up properly, compared to a Diamond, even for the best table mechanic in the business.
Diamond really is amazing like that.
They were designed for easy set up.
Something to be said though for playing on heavier tables.
I play mostly on 9 foot Diamonds now but have a 9 foot GC at home.
Could be my imagination but the GC feels heavier.
They both play true but feel different.
Like I said, could be my imagination.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish we had a local club like this. We actually do for 3 cushion, but not pool. I'd love key card access 24/7 to someplace for a monthly fee.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond really is amazing like that.
They were designed for easy set up.
Something to be said though for playing on heavier tables.
I play mostly on 9 foot Diamonds now but have a 9 foot GC at home.
Could be my imagination but the GC feels heavier.
They both play true but feel different.
Like I said, could be my imagination.
There’s virtually no difference in the total weight of a Diamond (1200 lbs) vs a Gold Crown (1221 lbs) with the same slate thickness. I’m not sure if that weight has changed from the older GC’s.

Last edited: