Google Account settings
You can select Input Tools or edit their settings in your Google Account settings. Your configuration will apply across all Google products.
To edit the Input Tools in Google Account settings, follow these steps:
- Go to “Language” → “Input Tools” → “Edit”.
- In the “Input Tools settings” dialog that appears, select the input tool you’d like to use.
- Edit your settings and click “Save”.
Currently, we provide three settings:
- Show/hide on-screen keyboard.
- Show/hide status bar. This settings will apply across Pinyin, Wubi, Cangjie, Zhuyin, Cantonese IMEs for Chinese.
- Sync/don't sync user dictionary. Your user dictionary stores words that you've recently entered using our tools, and helps improve our accuracy for future conversions. When you enabling syncing, you'll sync your dictionary across Google products (such as Android, Gmail, and Drive). Currently, the user dictionary can only be used with Chinese Pinyin IME.